Monday, August 31, 2009

Fires fires everywhere...

So yeh,  WOW, these forest fires are crazy!  Not just the ones in LA, but as you have read I am up in NE Washington, and there is a large fire near lake Okonagen, Kelowna. (2900 acres).  I am on Lake Osoyas on the WA side, and all day yesterday the smoke has filled the valley.  As the wind (more a breeze) died down late evening yesterday the smokey haze made it difficult to see the other side of the lake.  Its pretty bad again today.

It really makes you realize how bad these fires must be, we are about 70-100 miles away, but the smoke has filled our valley.  nuts.

we have two more days of our vacation left, and after an afternoon of wakeboarding, my body is reminding me it isnt 20 anymore :(  rather achy today. ha ha.  Sore sore sore.

It wont stop me from getting out again today though.  No pain no gain, right :)

chur

No comments:

Post a Comment